Wednesday 6 November 2013

My Early Attempts Part 1

A whistle-stop tour of my nail costumes to date might be in order so here goes.  I didn't think to take a picture of my first few attempts at militant nails but these are what followed...

Polish used:
Revlon - Chroma Chameleon - Topaz
OPI - When Monkeys Fly!
Ted Baker - Totally Twinkie

This was me trying to run before I could walk, at the end of August.  My hands look really ragged and dry but I think I've made improvements along the way and they're looking much more cared for now, if not perfect.



 Polish used:
Ted Baker - Golden Girl
OPI - When Monkeys Fly! (Only on my middle finger)
Rimmel - Salon Pro - Beige Babe
I used another brown but can't remember which.

I kinda liked this combination which looked better in real life I swear, although a bit messy as I hadn't really got the hang of tidying up closer to my nail.



I can't remember what polish I used on these two but they were my first foray into the world of stamping, taken at the beginning of September.  I like stamping because I don't have the most steady of hands and it gives me the chance to try out some fun shapes.







I did this following a youtube tutorial and at the time I was chuffed to bits but now I'm looking at it and thinking it looks a bit of a sight but hey ho I was learning and it's only nail polish at the end of the day.  I think I might try this again now but in different colours.









I'm still pleased with this one, taken in the last week of September, because I think it looks cute and it was my first glitter gradient.






That's enough catch up for today but hopefully I'll get the rest finished tomorrow.












No comments:

Post a Comment